Nails: Midnight Blue

For this week's nails, I decided to go darker for the cold winter weather. It has been a while since I painted my nails blue so I painted them blue! From my Japan trip early this year, I have bought quite a bit of nail art supplies such as studs. Also, recently I have began to experiment a bit more with different styles of nail art. So this week, I went for  a "midnight" inspired nails. My nail art style reflects Japanese nail art rather than Western style as I prefer using 3D art rather than nail polish to create patterns, shapes and images etc (mainly because I find it difficult to do the nails on my right hand - since I'm not quite gifted with using my left hand...).




The nail polishes that I used for this look are Topshop's Blue on Blue and China Glaze's Calypso Blue (#673). The studs that I used were bought from Japanese beauty stores so it would be hard to find the link. However you would be able to find similar ones from Born Pretty Store











So first, apply two coats of base coat (Revlon's Quick Dry Base Coat) as i find darker colours such as this blue are harder to remove and tend to stain the nail. Apply 2 coats of Calypso Blue on two nails on each hand. Then painting the rest of the nails with Blue on Blue, again with 2 coats. 



When the nails are dried, using a top coat (Revolon's Quick Dry Top Coat), apply a small amount on the nail with the darker blue. Using tweezers, carefully place a square stud in the middle of the nail and two circle studs on top and below. Do this to all the nails with the darker blue. 

After all the studs are placed, apply two coats of top coat and wait the nails to dry. 

QUICK TIP: During my visit in Japan, I got a manicure with 3D art, the nail artist told me that it takes at least an hour before all the nail polish dries (even just normal painted nails) so it is preferred that you do not touch anything that would potentially scratch your nail polish. 

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qu1Icymf2j/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Until next time 


0 comments :

Post a Comment